Yeah, we all know jQuery has been taking the web development world by storm these past few years. Many of us have been using a good deal of the plugins lately. Below you’ll find a list of 50 amazing plugins that many developers use. Some of these you may have already seen, others might be new to you. Check them out and I hope they offer you some inspiration.
2) jQuery Collapse -A plugin for jQuery to collapse content of div container. Useful.
3) A Navigation Menu- Unordered List with anchors and nested lists, also demonstrates how to add a second level list.
4) SuckerFish Style
5) jQuery UI Tabs / Tabs 3 – This simple jQuery based tab-navigation plugin is easy to use.
6) TabContainer Theme – JQuery style fade animation that runs as the user navigates between selected tabs. Really classes up your site.
7 ) jQuery Accordion
8) Simple JQuery Accordion menu
9) jQZoom- allows you to install a small magnifier window close to an image on your web page. See example below for clarification.
10) Image/Photo Gallery Viewer- This handy plugin allows you to take a group of images and turn it into an flash-like image and photo gallery. It even allows you to style it however you want and add as many images at you want. Have it your way.
11) InnerFade – This is designed to fade any element that is inside of a container in and out.
12) Easing Plugin- A jQuery plugin from the gurus at GSGD that gives advanced easing options. This uses Robert Penner’s easing equations for the transitions.
13) Highlight Fade
14) jQuery Cycle Plugin- This creates a series of interesting transition effects, such as image cross-fading and cycling. For you creative types.
15) Riding carousels with jQuery – This is a jQuery plugin controls a list of items in either horizontal or vertical order.
17) jQuery Color Picker
19) SimpleModal Demos – This plugin’s goal is to provide developers with a cross-browser overlay and a container that will be populated with content provided via SimpleModal.
20) jQuery lightBox Plugin – This plugin puts the “S” in simple. It overlays images on the current page. That’s it. But what it does it does perfectly.
22) Validation – This comprehensive set of form validation plugins even dynamically creates IDs and ties them to labels when they are missing.
23) Ajax Form Validation – Client side validation in a form using jQuery. The username will check with the server whether the chosen name is a) valid and b) available.
24) jQuery AlphaNumeric – This plugin allows you to prevent users from entering certain characters inside the form fields.
25) jquery.Combobox – is an unobtrusive way of creating a HTML type combobox from a existing HTML Select element(s), a Demo is here.
27) File Style Plugin for jQuery -This File Style plugin enables you to use imagse as a browse button. You can also style a filename field as a normal textfield using the magic of CSS.
28) Simple Star Rating System
31) The jQuery Tooltip
32) Zebra Tables Demo - This uses jQuery to do zebra striping and row hovering. If you are into this kind of thing, it’s the best of it’s class.
33) Table Sorter Plugin - This plugin is for turning a standard HTML table with THEAD and TBODY tags into a sortable table without page refreshes. It can also successfully parse and sort many types of data, including linked data in a cell.
34) AutoScroll for jQuery – This handy plugin allows for hotspot scrolling of web pages. That’s pretty much it.
35) Scrollable HTML table plugin- This plugin is used to convert tables in ordinary HTML into scrollable ones. No additional coding is necessary, which is a massive time-saver.
Draggable Droppables And Selectables
36) Sortables - This plugin allows you to sort several lists, mix and match the lists, and send the information to a database. Best of all? It’s super easy to use.
37) Draggables and droppables- This is a jQuery plugin that allows you to use iDrop to drag and drop tree view nodes.
40) JQuery Curvy Corners- This plugin, as the name suggests, does one thing only. Creates smooth, anti-aliased corners.
Must See jQuery Examples
41) jQuery Air – This is a passenger management interface for charter flights. Also features a great Tutorial that you will enjoy.
42) HeatColor -Heatcolor allows you to assign colors to the elements. It’s all based on a value derived from that element. The derived value is compared to a range of values, and it can find the min and max values of the desired elements, or you can pass them in manually.
44) Date Picker – This is a flexible unobtrusive calendar component for jQuery.
45) ScrollTo -This is a plugin for jQuery thats you scroll to a certain object in the page. Pick a card, any card.
46) 3-Column Splitter Layout -this is a 3-column layout using nested splitters. The left and right columns are a semi-fixed width; the center column grows or shrinks. Page scroll bars have been removed since all the content is inside the splitter, and the splitter is anchored to the bottom of the window using an onresize event handler.
47) Pager jQuery -This neat little plugin creates a paginated effect.
48) Select box manipulation
49) Cookie Plugin for jQuery
50) JQuery BlockUI Plugin -lets you simulate synchronous behavior when using AJAX, without locking the browser. When activated, it will prevent user activity with the page (or part of the page) until it is deactivated. BlockUI adds elements to the DOM to give it both the appearance and behavior of blocking user interaction.